- Local Newstalk: Court reinstates Texas voter ID; Harris Health System dedicates Alford Clinic
- National: CDC attempting to combat Ebola exposure; First Lady Obama campaigns for Democrats
- Entertainment: Boris Kodjoe stars in new film 'Addicted'
- Proposition 1 addresses transportation funding
- Higher ED Special: Big or small college? Find your fit; Black fraternities & sororities; University of Houston Downtown- Find your major opportunity; Texas Southern University- Programs, partnerships help enrollment soar; University of Houston Central- The house innovation built; Scholarship FAQs; Best scholarship websites; Do's and don'ts: Tips on financial aid; Best grant websites; University of Texas Austin- Fit in. Stand out; Wells Fargo Bank- 5 steps to securing financial aid; Lone Star College- Planning for the future; Prairie View A&M- A tradition of excellence; Author helps students find free college money
- Health: Know your breast reconstruction options
- Former councilman wants justice, answers; Pilgrim Congregational observes 110th anniversary; Disney Dreamers deadline nears; Contest for small business owners
- Pro & College Sports: PVAMU salvages season with homecoming win
- High School Sports: Volleyball dream team roaring at Jack Yates
- Top Events: Sisters Network Inc. awards luncheon and style show; GHBC Pinnacle Awards; Top Ladies of Distinction gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.