- Newstalk: Medicaid expansion promoted in Texas; Meeting set for Acres Homes
- National: Supreme Court will address familiar issues; Black girls need leadership
- Museum planned for Wheatley?
- Business: Black media, ads, reach Black consumers
- Entertainment: BET presents prime-time night of stars
- Centerfold: Domestic Violence warning signs; Battered women urged to get help;
- What to do, where to go
- Opinion: Eyes of Texas: Please focus on healthcare; U.S. shouldn't mess with CHIP's
- Voters reminded to meet photo ID requirements
- TSU celebrates homecoming Oct. 22-25
- UH Downtown fall enrollment sets record
- Comer Cottrell dead at 82
- Ebola patient Duncan dies at Dallas hospital
- Houston youth receive free tennis lessons
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets' James Harden ready to rumble
- High School Sports: Carr difference maker for the Woodlands
- Top Events: Fourth Annual Katherine's Breakfast for Breast Cancer Survivors; Blue
- Triangle Multi-Cultural Association Living Legends luncheon; Texas Women's
- Empowerment Foundation 8th summit
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.