- Local Newstalk: Early Matters-Education coalition pursues change; First U.S. case of
- Ebola confirmed in Dallas
- National: White House security under more scrutiny; Fallout continues in Ferguson
- Oprah Winfrey-What she's up to now
- Lowe says 'genius grant' speaks volumes
- Entertainment: Laurence Fishburne co-stars in new show 'Black-ish'
- Center Fold: Holder's resignation leaves civil rights void; DOJ accomplishments under
- Holder; Black leaders praise Holder
- Opinion: Violence against women and children is wrong; Early Matters could make big
- difference: A suggestion
- HUD grants assist low-income residents
- New Metro rail lines delayed until next year
- Lawsuit stops demolition of Wheatley/E.O. Smith
- Pro & College Sports: Race is on for SWAC football championship
- High School Sports: Westside's Dudley loves life in the trenches
- Top Events: Gospel Music Heritage Foundation celebrates; Sam Houston Area Council
- awards luncheon; Young inventor launches product
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.