- Local Newstalk: Lenient marijuana law proposed; End to domestic violence sought; San Antonio appoints mayor
- National: Medicare, Social Security okay until 2030, 2033; Upcoming changes to loans may help Blacks
- Opinion: The high cost of injustice
- Entertainment: Ensemble hosts annual celebrity gala
- Cover Page: More money, new skills; Good-Paying Jobs little or no college; What is UpSkill Houston? 20 high-demand jobs based on annual openings
- Kofi Taharka honored; Chamber seeks Pinnacle Award nominations; Fort Bend ISD holds public hearings
- Pro & College Sports: Texans get physical during training camp
- High School Sports: Delmar Fieldhouse under construction
- Top Events: Rudy Rasmus book signing; 29th annual UNCF Walk for Education; Houston Association of Black Journalists afternoon mixer
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.