- Local Newstalk: Feds probe HISD school closings; Educator Dr. Evelyn Thornton dies;
- Wells Fargo brings Kinsey Collection to HMAAC
- National: ACE Cash Express fined $10 million; New Yorker's death outrages minorities
- Entertainment: Rosie Perez shares her 'unpredictable' story
- Health Defender Special Edition: Heart disease Blacks' No. 1 killer; Detecting heart disease; 10 tips for preventing heart disease; Is your home safe for your young family?; How to prevent child heatstroke in vehicles; Drowning prevention;
- Centerfold: What women should know, Heart disease myths vs. facts; Kids cope with heart disease too; Exercise, sitting less reduce risk in men
- Eat food with less salt; Talk to a nurse for free, around-the-clock
- Houston native reality show star; Joyner will speak to TSU alumni
- Pro & College Sports: Philadelphia's Damion Square continues Houston tradition
- Faces of Black Houston: FOBH summer season kick-off reception; Red Carpet photo gallery
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.