- Local Newstalk: Houston domestic violence victims get help; New special agent leads Houston’s FBI
- National: Union withdraws UNCF support over Koch gift; Partnership promotes spending with Blacks
- Entertainment: Kathy Taylor presents….
- UT affirmative action plan upheld; Black Dollar Project targets consumers
- Centerfold: Education Today’s Civil Rights Issue; Racial disparities revealed; Education concerns & solutions overview
- 11-year old makes difference with socks; More Texans getting covered
- Health: Why kids need back-to-school health check
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets come up short in sweepstakes
- High School Sports: Concussions problem for more Black youth
- Chag’s Place: Drexel Society 8th annual parade of hats; Social Justice Workshop; The Black Professional Cowboys and Cowgirls Association 15th annual awards gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.