- Local Newstalk: Spearman Technology Building opens at TSU; Vote on March 4, take photo ID
- National: Farrakhan blasts court system; Minimum wage hike would help poor workers
- Opinion: What Dunn verdict says; Closing schools poses critical crossroad
- Entertainment: Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre returns; League City native trains to be Ailey dancer
- Sharpton reflects on struggle today
- Cover Page-Schools closing? HISD under fire: District generates debate; Opponents speak out against closings; Q&A with Grier
- Black History Month: Medical pioneers made healthcare history; Yates, Brock played a role in church history
- C-STEM’s Flowers honored by White House
- Pro & College Sports: NFL Combine offers shopping spree
- High School Sports: Manvel girls head to state tournament
- Chag’s Place: Rev. William ‘Bill’ Lawson and wife, Audrey celebrate 60th wedding anniversary; Community College Black History Gala; Making It Better Guild’s Inaugural Luncheon
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.