- Newstalk: Grier under fire for school closures; Update on Obamacare; Early voting underway
- National: Holder favors voting rights for ex-felons; Black leaders critical of Dunn verdict
- Chamber welcomes new board
- Small business optimism hits higher level
- Entertainment: Regina Hall & Kevin Hart discuss ‘About Last Night’; Gospel musical ‘Crowns’ comes to TSU
- How Travon Martin changed history; Foundation keeps Trayvon’s memory alive
- Health: Breast reduction surgery increasingly popular
- Black History Month: Trailblazers leave legacies across Texas; Commentary: Black History Month is needed now more than ever; Black History Month schedule of events
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets eye playoffs as season resumes
- High School Sports: HCYA’s Jackson priming for playoffs
- Chag’s Place: Temenos Housing Ground Breaking; The Heart of Houston book release; Fourth annual Houston Black Leadership Forum
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.