- Newstalk: Residents seek solutions to crime; Texas Children’s breaks ground for The Woodlands hospital
- National: Obama, companies work to help unemployed; Judge to decide tobacco advertising case
- Entertainment: Jennifer Hudson Before & after weight loss; Jimmy ‘Taboo’ Gomez juggles singing, acting
- Opinion: The great divide of income inequality
- Black History Month: Little Rock Nine member visits Houston; Carter G. Woodson: The father of Black history; Black History Month schedule of events; Houston’s contemporary trailblazers make history; 25 who paved the way; UH-Downtown creates center for race studies; Macy’s hosts Black fashion retrospect; PBS celebrates Black History Month; Carver, Washington remembered at Tuskegee
- Beware of tax scams during filing season
- Exploring racial stress in schools
- Commentary: Seattle ‘misfits’ fit enough to win
- Pro & College Sports: Strahan, HBCU colleagues head to NFL Hall of Fame
- High School Sports: Wheatley girls poised for basketball playoffs
- Chag’s Place: Top Ladies of Distinction host 27th annual Western Scholarship gala; Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity host annual Orchid Ball gala; Ensemble Theatre has a media reception for “The Meeting”
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.