- Local Newstalk: Sheriff, UHD form jobs partnership; Women call for equal pay
- National: Obama says Civil Rights Movement opened doors; Black kids rank last on milestone index
- Entertainment: Houston’s Scott stars in ‘The Retrieval’
- Ensemble hosts annual poetry night
- Financial Edition: Wealth expert shares philosophy; The KBC helps improve financial IQs; Be prepared for the home-buying process; Know your credit score: 720 is the new A+; Prepare your kids for financial success; Keys to financial success, prepare strategies at any age; Knowledge is key to success; Financial security begins with fiscal fitness; How to make homeownership a reality; Five ways to start you own kitchen table economics conversation
- Health: Hypertension develops early, silently in African-Americans
- What entrepreneurs should know about hiring
- Noted preacher A. Louis Patterson Jr. dies
- Pro & College Sports: Rockets blast into the playoffs
- High School Sports: Worthing’s Collier pursues greatness
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.