- Local Newstalk: Hearing highlights voting rights issues; Sex offenders leave Acres Homes
- National: Pressure mounts for higher minimum wage; Ruling ousts lawyer in King family feud
- Entertainment: Lance Gross From ‘House of Payne’ to ‘Crisis’
- Cover Story: Education Revolution KIPP turns 20; Schools prepare students for success; 10 things to know about KIPP; School leader, parent offer insight
- Human rights ordinance proposed
- YWCA names director
- Pro & College Sports: Colter strikes blow for college athletes
- High School Sports: Stewart gets down, dirty in softball
- Chag’s Place: National Women of Achievement annual ‘Profiles of Prominence’ luncheon; Rodney Ellis Roast & Toast; TSU Law School luncheon
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.