- Blacks doing business with the state: State attempts to strengthen HUB program; Chamber takes care business
- Parker gives State of the City
- HISD budget meetings
- Obama marks 100 days of second term
- Mayor nominated as transportation secretary
- When to visit the emergency center
- Sickle cell trait and athletics
- Houstonian finds success with makeup line
- Tour encourages women to be ‘redefined’
- Entertainment: Anthony Makie discusses acting, cooking, Tupac
- Pro-Sports/ College Sports: 2013 draft Texas pursue a few good men
- High School Sports: Bellaire’s Olivia Brown Shortstop sets the tone
- Chag’s Place: Ivy Educational and Charitable Foundation of Houston; The Women’s Guild and Wheeler Avenue Inner City Visions recently celebrated 50 years of service.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.