- Beating illiteracy: Agencies address the problem; Literacy resources
- Houston MWBE program changes
- WALIPP Academy installs new board
- Health centers help uninsured gain access
- Local implementation moves forward
- Essence Festival takes place July 4-7 in New Orleans
- BET Awards nominees announced
- Trouble followed Malcolm X’s grandson
- City health dept. combats HIV/AIDS
- Panel calls for HIV of all adults
- Things to know about HIV & women
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey. Hood or hero?
- How to take charge of your career
- 3 steps to controlling your investments
- Pro-Sports/ College Sports: Michael Strahan receives TSU honorary degree
- High School Sports: Area athletes win gold at state meet
- Chag’s Place: Me&We Inc.; The Black Heritage Gallery; The seven Houston Cluster chapters of the Links Inc.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.