- HAUL celebrates 45 years: National Urban League launches job program
- Neighborhood development meetings set
- Economic status of Black Texans declines
- Obama speaks to Morehouse men
- Bond stands by Tea Party comments
- Obesity weighs heavily on African-American children
- Blacks’ weight linked to fast food proximity
- Business: Study reveals credit report errors
- Entertainment: Candice Glover talks about winning ‘American Idol’; TV drama premieres June 3
- Pro Sports/ College Sports: Isaiah Sweeney continues UH tradition
- High School Sports: Wheatley girls make track & field history
- Chag’s Place: The National Kidney Foundation; The Smithsonian Museum of African American History and Culture and the Kingdom Builders’ Center; Lambda Zeta Chapter Amicettes Youth Auxiliary.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.