- Legislative update: Impact on Blacks: Lawmakers review session; Bills at a glance; Special session: What’s next.
- Understanding Chapter 42
- North Forest supporters remain hopeful
- Zimmerman’s team plans to discredit
- Black teens birth rate falls 60 percent
- Applicants sought for business centers
- Entertainment: Perry’s latest show debuts on OWN
- Business: Endless options equal buying power
- Pro Sports/ College Sports: Major League Baseball sponsors diversity summit
- High School Sports: Houston-area softball soars
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.