- Ben Hall: Up close and personal: His agenda; His cases; His people skills; His strength, weaknesses, etc.
- Experts say healthcare reform needed
- Supreme Court hears voting rights challenge
- Rosa honored with D.C. statue
- Michelle Obama launches program
- Police chief talks about Dorner tragedy
- Talking to kids about performance enhancing drugs
- Medicaid: A stepping-stone, not a stigma
- Entertainment: Terrence Howard opens up about acting
- Pro-Sports/ College Sports: Kassandra Rivera TSU golfer makes history
- High School Sports: Travis defeats Bush for trip to state
- 2013 Legislative Black Summit: Chairman’s Award Dinner; Workshop Sessions; Community Awards Breakfast
- Chag’s Place: The Houston Area Alliance Outstanding Educators (HAABSE), The Sam Houston Area Council of America, Troop 470, Golden Arrow District, The Houston Area Urban League
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.