- Impacting Black America: Black Press: catalyst for change; Publishers discuss relevance today
- Will plan save North Forrest?
- Community group unite to save homes
- Unemployment may worsen for Blacks
- Immigration reform topic of discussion
- Area state legislators file bills
- Staffing agency, Urban League, form alliance
- National chamber installs new chairperson
- SBA expands access to loan programs
- Low-cost ways to market your business
- Entertainment: Benjamin Bratt looks at his latest role
- Pro-Sports/ College Sports: LSU’s Russell Shepard has something to prove
- High School Sports: Terry, Travis wins; Yates falls short
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.