- Why Black should support immigration reform: Jackson Lee, Green speak out; It isn’t just a Latino issue; An immigrants journey.
- Reynolds maintains his innocence
- Death penalty bias cited in case
- Fort Bend ISD names new superintendent
- Health care law takes hold
- Few Blacks becoming teacher
- Radio legend Roberts dead
- Lee Elliot Brown dead at age 74
- Entertainment: Jurnee Smollet-Bell discusses Tyler Perry and more
- Pro-Sports/ College Sports: Astros Foundation unveils park renovations
- High School Sports: Skylar-Ross-Ransom loves the process
- Chag’s Place: The YMCA of Greater Houston; The Galena Park Houston Metroplex Chapter of National Women of Achievement, Inc.; Joyce Faye Smith and Royce Ray Smith; Condolences.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.