- Assault on voting rights: Supreme Court strikes down key provision; Supporters outline next steps; Obama pledges to fight for restoration
- District D Council race underway
- Daniels leads retired teachers
- UT affirmative action up to lower court
- NAACP holds convention in Orlando
- Shopping report: Consumer choices matter
- Entertainment: Michael B. Jordan winning acclaim for role
- Pro Sports/ College Sports: PV selects Robinson as athletic director
- High School Sports: HISD enjoys banner year
- Chag’s Place: The Links, Inc.; Crystal Washington- ‘The Social Media WHY’; The Houston Metropolitan Chapter of Morehouse College National Alumni Association
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.