- Local Newstalk: School closures, police, impact Blacks; Local Urban League wins awards; Racial bias impacts death penalty cases
- National: Kaepernick stands for Black lives by sitting; Ferguson school district violated voting rights
- TSU makes three changes in personnel
- Entertainment: Revolution Weekend promotes culture; ‘Generation Found’ film premieres in Houston Sept. 1
- Center Fold: Black stars to watch, Fall TV season; 25 returning network stars
- Emancipation Park seeks to empower women; Community efforts fight elder financial abuse
- Rate of uninsured young adults in Texas drops
- Pro & College Sports: PVAMU Panthers have huge expectations
- High School Sports: Furr football begins 2016 in grand fashion
- Top Events: 100 Black Men Open House; Reimagine Sunnyside; ‘Houston Got Talent’ Hip Hop And Soul Edition
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.