- Local Newstalk: Astrodome to get $150 mil makeover; State Rep. Dawnna Dukes resigns due to health
- National: Dedication of Black history museum draws thousands; Jury selection underway in Charleston church shooting trial
- Entertainment: AfriFEST comes to Houston; Houston film fest connects artists
- Most adults over 50 avoid regular exercise
- Center Fold: State Of Emergency; Police killings bring calls for justice; Black press recommends solutions
- Opinion: Partial police tapes too little, too late
- Wage gap larger today due to discrimination
- Pro & College Sports: Cougar QB Ward the ‘quiet storm’
- High School Sports: Madison’s dynamic duo puts on offensive show
- PVAMU hosts 2016 homecoming; Reading volunteers needed at HISD
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.