- Local Newstalk: Turner addresses flooding, finances; Johnson to finish unexpired term
- National: Lack of teacher diversity focus of summit; Obama recognizes National Teacher of the Year
- Entertainment: Year of the Black superhero
- Center Fold: Exploring Cuba’s Art- Gallery owner Gite brings treasures to Houston
- King, Anderson and Truth are on the money; $20,000 reward offered for killer
- Opinion: Locked out: education, jobs and justice
- Pro & College Sports: Adrian Peterson helps hometown of Palestine
- High School Sports: Lamar’s Milan Young overcomes huge hurdle
- Top Events: Delta Sigma Theta May Week; MD Anderson Henrietta Lacks Panel; Kidpreneurs Host Book Signing
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.