- Local Newstalk: MLK Blvd. getting facelift; Ellis set to win County spot
- National: Payday lenders scamming to get over on consumers; Ebony, Jet sold to Texas group
- Entertainment: Hart, Johnson star in ‘Central Intelligence’; Rudolph continues to shine
- Morehouse study reveals Blacks’ heart issues
- Center Fold: HIV & Houston, Blacks urged to get tested; Five testing facts
- Five ways to grow your business this summer; What is an EIN and why is it important?
- Street Olympics Lee’s legacy;
- Pro & College Sports: Honors roll in for SWAC standouts
- High School Sports: School year memorable for Houston HS sports
- Top Events: Morehouse Father’s Day Brunch; Hall of Fame Inductee Ceremony; Houston Area Urban League Gala
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.