- Local Newstalk: Houston gets grant to deter terrorist attacks; New state veteran’s home set for MLK
- National: Obama commutes most sentences in recent history; Black women America’s most educated group
- Top 10: Dads tell best gifts for Father’s Day
- Defender Father’s Day Photo Contest begins
- Entertainment: Sanaa Lathan co-stars in sequel
- Center Fold: Muhammad Ali death of a champion; Understanding the Ali influence; In his own words: 10 Ali quotes
- Southlawn gang injunction thrown out for now; Black woman wins Miss USA crown
- Opinion: Make presidential race about issues, not spitball fight
- Pro & College Sports: Astro Springer lends support to stutterers
- High School Sports: Hopes of Pearland seniors dashed by Keller
- Top Events: The Musicians’ Wife Launch Party; Roadwomen Heart of the City Brunch; KTSU Anniversary Celebration
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.