- Local Newstalk: Victory for voter ID opponents; Memorial Hermann program empowers teachers
- National: Democratic convention builds momentum for November; NAACP policies address today’s ‘lynchings’
- Opinion: Tragedy debunks myth blocking gun reform
- Entertainment: Dr. Julianne Malveaux book asks ‘Are We Better Off?’
- Center Fold: Black Issues-Where do political parties stand? Local experts list African-American concerns
- Pro & College Sports: Olympic basketball team comes to Houston Aug. 1
- High School Sports: Help protect kids from sports-related injuries
- Urban League conference Aug. 3-6 in Baltimore; HBCU presidents support Black Lives Matter
- Top Events: Minorities In Construction Luncheon; Trae Day Celebration; Greater Grace Health Festival
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.