- Local Newstalk: Black-on-Black banking new form of protest urged; Forum addresses police shootings;
- National: NAACP, GOP conventions eye November elections; Sterling family calls for peace in Baton Rouge
- Entertainment: Leslie Jones & Kate McKinnon bring ‘Ghostbusters’ back to life
- Email marketing can engage small business clients
- Black Lives Matter is truth for #NNPAGenNext; Lowe joining UH College of Arts
- Opinion: We must build one America; Too many lives have been lost
- Pro & College Sports: Astros poised for second half despite slow start
- High School Sports: PABA serves as sanctuary for Black youth
- Top Events: Christmas In July Sock Drive; Pinot And Passports; A Courageous Conversation
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.