- Local Newstalk: NAACP denounces ‘White Lives Matter’; TSU students named White House All-Stars
- National: Nonprofit puts $1 million in largest Black bank; Powell says Clinton trying to pin emails on him
- Entertainment: Marc Lamont Hill writes about America’s ‘vulnerable”
- Support your staff with education, development
- Center Fold: Gospel Music Heritage Month; Houston seeks industry crown; Did You Know? Houston’s gospel stars
- Pro & College Sports: New beginning, new coach for TSU Tigers
- High School Sports: Carnegie wins HISD volleyball tournament
- Ellis receives national leadership award; Noted journalist George Curry dead at 69
- Top Events: Ensemble Gala; Zuvaa Pop Up Tour; Teen Houston Brunch
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.