- Local Newstalk: Thierry win completes leadership puzzle; Harris County reports state’s first Zika death
- National: Chicagoans protest killing, police shown celebrating; Baltimore protesters sentenced, not police
- Ensure that your business is social enough
- Entertainment: ‘Suicide Squad’ parades Black stars
- Hank’s Ice Cream offers scoops and smiles; Fountain of Praise mission trip uplifts souls
- Opinion: Is there corporate leadership on racial justice?
- Center Fold: Ensemble celebrates 40 years; Theater focuses on entertainment, outreach; Black Tie Gala celebration weekend; About the Ensemble
- Farmers continue to seek justice from USDA
- Health: Why prenatal care is so important
- Pro & College Sports: UH Cougars football ready to roll in 2016
- High School Sports: Dawson sets sights on new horizon
- Local youth participate in opportunity project
- Top Events: A Woman’s Worth Seminar; Buy Black Marketplace; Poetry Lounge Sunday
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.