- Local Newstalk: HISD board considers more bond funding; Settegast gets new housing
- Texas Workforce Commission issues $48 mil for training; Texas Lottery donates 1.2 bil to education
- National: Carson stands by remarks about Muslim president; Obama praises Black women as ‘foot soldiers’
- Entertainment: Morris Chestnut stars in TV’s ‘Rosewood’
- Center Fold: Fall TV season- Blacks on new shows; 25 returning network stars
- Black newspaper publishers recognize five luminaries
- Pro & College Sports: Ward guides UH Cougar offense
- High School Sports: Manvel receiver Blanton rewarded for patience
- Top Events: Greater Houston Black Chamber celebrates 80th year; Zenith & The Mission Continues honors veterans; Top Ladies of Distinction grandparents luncheon
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.