- Local Newstalk: Two HISD students killed in bus crash; Tolans settle case with Bellaire; Grier leaving HISD in March
- National: NAACP ends historic Journey for Justice; Blake says NY officer doesn’t deserve badge
- Americans urged to walk more
- Entertainment: Meagan Good plays detective on ‘Minority Report’
- Health, Defender Special Edition: Joint Pain- About Arthritis; Caring for kids with arthritis; Lupus more prevalent in Black women; MD Anderson- Looking back on a year fighting breast cancer; Center Fold: Joint pain top to bottom; Know the causes, symptoms, treatment; Five facts about bone cancer; Memorial Hermann- Memorial Hermann’s health centers for schools Keeping students healthy, ready to learn; Texas Children’s Hospital- Supporting your child after accidental injury; Identifying post-traumatic stress symptoms after accidents; What parents need to know about dog bites; Kelsey-Seybold- Cholesterol: The good, the bad, the ugly
- Decide if your business is ready to export
- Survey reveals attitudes about race relations
- Texas Legislative Internship registration open
- Pro & College Sports: Houston sports legend Moses Malone dead
- High School Sports: Sterling’s Hall aims to be impact player
- Top Events: #Justvibing with outspoken Bean; Hope Through Grace walk; Wheeler Avenue celebrates troop 242
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.