- Local Newstalk: Effort underway to rename Dowling Street
- Council hosts annual Expo; MD Anderson appoints board
- National: Michelle Obama talks equality, girl power
- Entertainment: Wesley Snipes plays the boss in ‘The Player’
- Houston hosts Black author book festival
- Opinion: Breast cancer-Raising awareness and saving lives
- HISD gives timeline for superintendent search; HISD offers fall semester school tours, open houses
- Center Fold: TSU tackles gun violence; University takes steps for safer campus; The gun lobby can be defeated
- Farrakhan call for Black unity at march
- Health: Targeted radiation zaps breast cancer cells
- Memorial Hermann Heights facility expands; Breastfeeding support improves in hospitals; Bedtime texting harmful to teens’ health
- Minority council hosts annual Expo; SBA partnership helps with financial literacy
- Kareem Rosser, Top Black polo player smashes stereotypes
- Pro & College Sports: Texans appear headed for lost season
- High School Sports: Milby running back Fleming pursues dream
- Top Events: Soul of Philanthropy exhibit; Who’s Who Titans of Industry; Police officers celebrate 40 years.
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.