- Local Newstalk: Open carry becomes law; Former Riverside head gets 45 years
- National: Farrakhan prepares for march, demands justice; NAACP leader resigns amid race questions
- Entertainment: Charlie Wilson won’t slow down
- Don’t get dehydrated this summer; Get a free HIV test
- Father’s Day: Father, son work together in family business
- Center Fold: Fathers’ Day – Famous dads on fatherhood; If fathers were in the picture
- Cancer fighter remembered
- Consider a mentor for your new business
- Pro & College Sports: Astros strike it big in MLB draft
- High School Sports: Katy’s Garcia makes MVP debut
- Top Events: Smart’n Up Black Male Summit; Emancipation Park Reception; Texas Black Expo Luncheon
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.