- Local Newstalk: Atty. Gen Lynch speaks in Houston; Memorial Hermann Hospital names Pearland CEO
- National: Obama feels ‘at home’ during Kenya visit; Mourners remember Bland as smart, outspoken
- Entertainment: Robert Johnson BET founder launches video streaming service
- Center Fold: Education-A Black man’s economic weapon? Closing gap would boost earnings, economy; Houstonians take different views; Ways to solve the problem
- Bobbi Kristina Brown dead at 22
- UHD student president tackles debt issue; HISD grads receive record offers
- Pro & College Sports: SWAC football promises excitement
- High School Sports: Jackson blends pursuit with passion
- Top Events: Rare Pearls Appreciation Reception; Delta Convention Parade; Houston Cares Meet & Greet
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.