- Local Newstalk: PVAMU, HISD form nursing partnership; Parker gives last State of the City
- National: Blacks seek answers in Baltimore man’s death; Wage gap can be closed for Black women
- Lowe receives new title, honor; Hunter comes to Houston
- Entertainment: ReShonda Tate Billingsley-Two of author’s books become movies
- Opinion: Republican budget winners and losers; Congratulations to author ReShonda Tate Billingsley
- Financial Special Edition: Homeownership can increase Black wealth; Benefits of ownership; Irregular income? Manage money better; Take control of your finances; Safe mobile banking: Protect yourself; Prepaid card users lack protection; BB&T Bank-Addressing your mortgage needs; BBVA Compass-A commitment to diversity and growth; Wells Fargo-5 steps to securing financial aid for college; Capital One Bank-Start early ensuring fiscally fit children for life; Center Fold: How to stop living paycheck to paycheck-Know the signs and misconceptions; Tips on managing money; Five lies to stop telling yourself; Cadence Bank-Good credit, Establish, maintain and protect it from fraud; Amegy Bank-Consider SBA lending for a small business loan; Know the facts about life insurance; Chase Bank-Digital banking transforms an industry; Allegiance Bank Texas- A focus on church lending; Five smart spending tips for tax refunds; Older adults should beware of scam artists;
- Pro & College Sports: What do Texans need in NFL draft?
- High School Sports: Wilson closing in on prize for Yates
- Business: IRS audit: Is your small business at risk?; Contractors program accepting applications
- Top Events: HCC State of the College; Memorial Hermann Gala; Carter Baby Shower
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.