- Local Newstalk: $3 million jobs grant helps Cuney Homes; Justice Dept. probes truancy
- National: Black businesses help reduce youth crime; Parks, Tubman finalists in $20 bill campaign
- New methods flush out sinus infections; Reduce springtime allergy, asthma triggers
- Business: Avoid small business tax prep mistakes; Young Professionals host seminar
- Opinion: Jailing educators for ‘cheating to the test’; Cuney Homes jobs program offers opportunity
- Pro & College Sports: 2015 Astros ready to compete
- High School Sports: Anya earns gold at state swim meet
- Top Events: Center for Houston’s Future luncheon; Mufasa’s Pride breakfast & fundraiser; Community Artists’ Collective mixer
Defender Media Group
12401 South Post Oak #223
Houston, Texas 77045
Houston's Leading Black Information Source.
The Defender was founded by C.F. Richardson Sr., in 1930. From the 1940s to the 1980s, C.F. Richardson Jr., led the company. In 1981, a new era of modern journalism began under Sonceria Messiah-Jiles. Today, the Defender Media Group’s products include: traditional print, online and social media.